All About Peanut Butter

Today was all about baking with peanut butter.  I found these recipes soooooo easy that I could not resist making them.  First, I made peanut butter drops, which also had a few different names, they are also called, peanut butter blossoms and peanut butter kisses.  Either way they are peanut butter delicious!!!!!!

This recipe is called Peanut Butter Drops because it has a Hershey Kiss Smack dab in the middle of the cookie.  At first I thought the kiss will melt into a blob of chocolate (especially since you have to place it on the cookie right out of the oven).  Well much to my surprise it did not.

Peanut Butter Drops

I got the recipe from the Land O' Lakes website www.landolakes.com/recipe/2579/peanut-blossom-cookies.   After I made the mix I used a small cookie scoop to make the cookies uniform in size and then rolled them in sugar and placed them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  

After they came out of the oven, I immediately placed the chocolate kiss on top (Yay, it didn't melt).  
The recipe is simple and when I finally tasted it.......OMG!!!!!  They were scrumptious!!!!!!  


Round Two Recipe......

I didn't want to make a ton of peanut butter blossom cookies, but I had some cookie dough left over from this recipe and decided to create my own peanut butter cookies recipe......introducing:

Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies


So, as I looked at this left over dough, I figured what could I come up with.  I went directly to my pantry to see what was available.  And what do my eyes see but honey roasted peanuts.  I figured peanuts, honey, honey roasted peanuts and peanut butter.  What can go wrong with all the ingredients in the same family.  

So here's the thing......I used the exact recipe/technique earlier except I brushed each cookie with honey and dipped the tops of the cookies in the crushed honey roasted peanuts and sprinkle with granulated sugar.  Baked the for 7 minutes and after they were cooled, I drizzled peanut butter on top.  





Easy peanut butter sauce - warm soe peanut butter in a pastry bag for 10 -15 seconds and drizzle away.  And voilà......Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies.  ENJOY!



This next recipe is sooooooo addicting that you may not want to share.  I came across this one on a blog called Two Tiny Kitchens.  Trust me this recipe will not disappoint.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

They are amazingly easy to make........no baking required.  And they also make a great gift during the holiday season.

What you will need:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar 
3/4 cup brown sugar 
Bag of Pretzels 
Bakers Dipping Chocolate 

Combine peanut butter and softened butter in a stand mixer.  Add the sugars and mix to combine.  Then use a teaspoon measure to scoop the filling.  Roll each portion into a small ball, then sandwich them between two whole pretzels.  (To make it a little easier, take a pastry bag, fill who the peanut butter filling and pipe on the pretzel).  


Then stick the whole tray in the freezer for about half an hour.

Next, while the pretzels are freezing, line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper, melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package and quickly dip half or all of the peanut butter pretzel in the chocolate and place on waxed paper. 

Place back in freezer to set the chocolate and store them in a container in the refrigerator.......if they last that long.  Lol!  Lol! Lol!












Comments